forum.manleypopcornmachine.com

Manley Popcorn Machine Forum

Photo Gallery
Manley Popcorn Machine Web Page

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WANTED
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 pm 

Looking for a functional counter top Manley machine to use in our antique store. We have a new 55,000 sq ft antique store and I am building and designing our Customer Lounge area, and I want to serve popcorn to our customers. What better way than to pop and serve it from a Manley?

Where/what/when and how can I find a working counter top model. My favorite look is the Aristocrat style look.

Any ideas or leads much appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul Rosenthal
Owner
Vintage Revival Antiques

Post subject: Re: WANTED
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:09 pm 

As you may have surmised by the overwhelming response, you are going to have a difficult time finding exactly what you want. Any clean, functional Manley machine is extremely rare and probably going to be expensive. Trying to find a functional counter top of a particular model could be next to impossible. You could wait many years before finding one. I have personally never seen a nice functional Aristocrat counter top model for sale on this forum, or on Ebay, Craiglists, or anywhere. Your best bet is to be patient and wait for any model that appeals to you come up for sale, and then expect to pay a lot, or be prepared to restore it yourself. The discovery of and restoration of Manley popcorn machines is what this forum is designed for. But good luck to you, you may not find exactly what you want, but you may find something you like even better (as I did).

Post subject: Re: WANTED
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Hi Paul,

What a great idea of putting a vintage popcorn machine to work in you antique mall! By the way, where is your antique mall located? Some members might want to stop by.

What else are you putting in your concession area? Is it a vintage theme?

Just to let you know, the Aristocrat countertop is not a small easy to move machine. They have basically just removed the bottom part of the cabinet. It would be 3' (wide) x 2'(deep) x 4.5' (tall) and weigh around 150-200 pounds. Additionally it will require a 220 volt electrical circuit. Manley did make some smaller countertops that are smaller and portable.

For many of the Manley machines, you will want a 220 volt circuit. You might want to put this into your plans for the concession area.

This is a good time of year to look for machine. The number of machines for sale at the moment is a little low, but many machine will surface in March and April as "Spring Cleaning" takes place.