forum.manleypopcornmachine.com

Manley Popcorn Machine Forum

Photo Gallery
Manley Popcorn Machine Web Page

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:06 pm 

Looking at maybe picking one up as far as I know seems to be in good shape. Oil pump is missing and salt dispenser is rusted , also side glass is cracked wondering what a fair price is. If anyone could help please let me know

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the Forum.

Condition is everything on these machines. Many of the machines have had the oil reservoir removed. I suspect that they were a maintenance issue. Also unless you are doing extremely high volume, they do not save you a lot of time. The main reason to want one is that you have a complete machine. The oil reservoir doesn't impact the operation of the machines. The salt dispenser is almost always frozen with salt in it. It is a pain to get them working, but a common problem. They used 1/4" plate glass on these machines, so replacement glass is readily available. Any glass shop can cut you a piece.

You can check on what people across the country are asking for these machines by looking at the Craig's List posts on the Forum.

If this is a complete machine other than the oil reservoir, good restorable condition, and non-working--somewhere in the $400 to $500 range is fairly common. If it is working, more. With additional problems obviously less. There are not a lot of buyers for these machines, but there are also not a lot of machines.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:18 am 

I followed up with the owner of this machine as I am interested as well, just a bit more info...

The Kettle is not original, has been replaced at some point as well.

Machine is currently running 110V.

One of the top red corners is cracked and is missing a bit of material.

The aluminum top plate has several dents though it does not affect the operation.

Would be a good candidate for restoration if someone was willing to take the time to track down all the missing or damaged items.

rody