forum.manleypopcornmachine.com

Manley Popcorn Machine Forum

Photo Gallery
Manley Popcorn Machine Web Page

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Model 44 HELP Needed!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:40 am 

Hello, I am a new member to the forum and also new to Manley popcorn machines. According to the tag I have a model 44 serial number 2-4005. Can someone tell me what year it is? Also it doesnt look like a model 44, best I can tell it looks like a model 32, can someone explain this? Also what parts are interchangeable?
Where can I get parts? Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on getting one of the best popcorn machines ever made. I never really understood the change in model number from 32 to 44 for the Aristocrat. I have seen a handful of machines that look like a 32, but are labeled a 44. I have not found the model numbers for Manley to be consistent.

I believe that the mechanical parts are basically the same for the various versions of the Aristocrat. The major differences are in the cabinets and the location of the electrical switches and where the drawers are located.

The 32s had two different types of cabinets. One had a metal frame and the other had a wood frame. Which type is used in your machine?

Before 1952, Manley's model number either didn't exist or stood for the year of manufacture. The model 32 was introduced in 1950 (not referred to as a 32 until 1952). Around 1955 they introduced the model 44 with the metal frame top. Around 1960, the Aristocrat would have a one piece plastic top. I would guess you machine was closer to 1955.

What parts do you need?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:03 pm 

Thanks for the information. The machine has a metal frame and has a multi piece top. I am working on a list of parts. I know for sure I am missing the lower left (larger drawer) ,one of the top red plastic pieces is cracked, and need a kettle lid and handle.
I sure I will need other parts along the way.

Any help in finding these pieces or a donor would be appreciated.